Ever wonder why there is so much “buzz” about being grateful?
Why all the talk about it, right? To start, gratitude is one of the most highly powered emotions that we can experience. It is the gateway to neutralize tough emotions such as anger and anxiety as well as a magnet to attract more of what you want in your life.
How can we get cultivate the feeling of deep gratitude? Gratitude is not a “one and done.” It is a daily practice that requires diligence and dedication not because it is so difficult, but because it goes against how we are all culturally wired. We have been trained to look at what is wrong in our lives rather than keeping the focus on what is right.
To help get you started and conditioned to making the “Practice of Gratitude” part of your everyday experience, here are some guidelines for you to follow:
- Commit 10 minutes at the beginning of each day for your gratitude practice. Sit down with pen and paper or at your computer and start. Begin with the question “What in my life today can I choose to be grateful for in this moment?”
- Continue with “Who in my life can I make a conscious effort to appreciate today and how can I let them know how much they mean to me?”
- Finish with “How will I love and appreciate myself today? What are 3 blessings in my life right now either big or small?”
- Play the “Grateful Game” – set your intention to notice and appreciate everything you encounter today. Look for the good in each thing and ask yourself “What else is good about that?” See how far you can go with it!
- Carry a small token of gratitude with you. This can be a shell from a beautiful beach, a stone from a crystal clear river, or anything that is meaningful to you. Hold the token throughout the day, breathe into it and fully experience the emotion of gratitude.
Come with us TODAY and find out more in “Daily Gratitude – The Path to Joy”
For Today; Be Real, Go Raw, & Be Truthful To Yourself & To Others